RE: Errors when accessing PowerPoint and word files, IE but not FireFox

Bad form to answer my own question, but for the sake of the archive,
here goes...

Apparently IE doesn't like "no-cache" in a cache-control header.
Changing that to max-age=0 solved the problem.

Bad: header Set Cache-Control: "no-cache"
Good: header Set Cache-Control: "max-age=0"

FireFox, Opera, etc all do fine with either config.

-Tony