Re: Ldap Bind (w/ mod_auth_ldap)

Both Apache 2 and 2.2 work with LDAPs that disallow anonymous access, including AD, though you really need 2.2 for things to fully work as AD will close idle LDAP connections and 2.0 can't handle its connections being closed behind its back, whereas 2.2 can.

You do have to specify full DN and password in the Apache config, of course.

If you're wed to AD and have a stupid password change policy (Sarbannes-Oxley is inane in this regard -- this just encourages lower-quality passwords, writing down passwords, etc -- and appears to have been little more than corporate welfare for security/IT consulting companies in this regard), then you might try mod_auth_sspi if you're running Apache on Windows.

--
Jess Holle