How to get my script run by the module instead of the execcgi

Hi

OK, originally we intended to use the php5-cgi to run a PHP script.

Having suffered an error and reading through the error logs and the suggested solution - we managed to get the source displayed as a page, but not to actually execute. Not quite the intended result.

I have now compiled libapache2-mod-php5 and ensured that it is loaded before it is needed.

However, the server is stubbornly insisting on using php5-cgi and not using the module.

At least part of this must be because in my <Directory ....> stanza I have

Options ExecCGI

But if I comment this out, I just get a 403 forbidden.

I cannot work out how to ensure that the module is used rather than the php5-cgi.

Would someone care to point me in the right direction?

Many thanks.

Regards
Neil

--
Neil Briscoe
CensorNet Ltd - professional & affordable Web & E-mail filtering

CensorNet Ltd is a registered company in England & Wales No. 05518629
VAT registration number 901-2048-78

Any views expressed in this email communication are those
of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically states
them to be the views of a member of CensorNet Ltd.  CensorNet Ltd does not
represent, warrant or guarantee that the integrity of this communication
has been maintained nor that the communication is free of errors or
interference.

Scanned for viruses, spam and offensive content by CensorNet MailSafe

Professional Web & E-mail Filtering from www.censornet.com
Shortlisted for the BETT Awards 2008! www.bettawards.co.uk