Re: How to turn off xml parser on linux apache

On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 3:03 AM, Mika Tapio Tuhkanen
<mika.tapio.tuhkanen@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Apache doesn't generate error log on this issue. For example I try to
>  open XML with firefox I get something like "element not found" (I don't
>  have English FF) and on IE "cannot display" webpage. BUT when I open the
>  xml on the windows apache (with FF or IE) shows up perfectly. I didn't
>  setup the linux apache but I don't think that there is any third-party
>  parsers installed. If there is parser option for xml files in apache I
>  need to locate if it's on and turn it off.
>
>  All rights have been allowed for this xml. I can open very VERY simple
>  xml files on linux apache but that won't do me any good. I need these
>  xml-files to produce FusionCharts (flash) on the webpage. The flash
>  cannot access the xml or if I try directly to open it with browser I get
>  error. The xml has been checked with XMLWriter 2 and it's valid.

The most likely explanation in my opinion is that the linux/widow
apaches are sending a different Content-Type, which triggers different
(more strict in the linux case) processing in the browser. Check your
AddType and DefaultType directives as well as the mime.types file
pointed to by TypesConfig. To see which content-type is being sent by
apache, try the method listed here:
http://wiki.apache.org/httpd/WatchingHttpHeaders

Joshua.

Joshua.