Re: Authenticating Proxy Server

Hi,

Nick Kew wrote:
On Thu, 17 Apr 2008 15:28:19 +0100
Roy Pearce <R.A.Pearce@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Sounds to me like a browser misconfiguration.
All I changed was the port number to point to a secure authenticating proxy server.

It appears that FF assumes the proxy server is talking HTTP when I
would like it to talk HTTPS.

Sorry, I'm no expert on firefox.  Did you try its "about:"?
I expect there's a plugin for it, it it really isn't builtin.

HTTP digest authentication.
We can't use Digest as the password file is not on the same machine.
We use mod_auth_radius to connect to a RADIUS server (on another
machine) to check credentials against the ADF database.

One of the changes in 2.2 over earlier versions is that the HTTP
authentication method (Basic/Digest/Homebrew) is decoupled from
the backend lookup (radius, in your case).  So that's no longer
an issue, assuming the radius authentication module has been
updated to use the new framework.

We (as Nick knows) had major problems with mod_auth_radius so we commissioned mod_auth_xradius

http://www.outoforder.cc/projects/apache/mod_auth_xradius/

which should be fully compatible with Apache 2.2.

HTH,

				Neil.

--
Neil Hillard                    neil.hillard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
AgustaWestland                  http://www.whl.co.uk/

Disclaimer: This message does not necessarily reflect the
            views of Westland Helicopters Ltd.