Re: Authenticating Proxy Server

Hi Nils,

Thanks for your reply.

Our proxy server is a forward proxy server, not a reverse one so I haven't used the ProxyPass and ProxyPassReverse directives.

I replicated the (forward) proxy server, added SSL and changed the port to 443. The browser was configured to use this authenticating proxy server. The browser appears not to like talking to an SSL-enabled proxy server. Doing this was a stab in the dark!
A guess, if you like and it's possibly a forlorn hope.

Are there other ways to transmit the credentials in an encrypted manner rather than in plain text?

Regards,

Roy