Re: LoadModule directive

Hey,

Hi,
Thanks !!

never mind :).

I wrote myapp.so. Are you asking to change the implementation of
myapp.so in such a way so that it reads some instruction in virtual host
directive and take action upon. i.e
I have following module in global part of httpd.conf

LoadModule my_module "C:\Program Files\Apple/bin/MyApp.so"

And I have fowwing two virtual host block (name based configuration)

<VirtualHost *:100>
   DocumentRoot "C:/vhost1"
   ServerName apple1.sun.com
</VirtualHost>
#
# VirtualHost example:
# Almost any Apache directive may go into a VirtualHost container.
# The first VirtualHost section is used for requests without a known
# server name.
#

<VirtualHost *:100>
     DocumentRoot "C:/vhost"
     ServerName apple2.sun.com
	my_module on
</VirtualHost>
With above configuration I want every request
http://apple2.sun.com/anything,html to be redirected to back-end while
http://apple1.sun.com/anything.html should be given access directly.

Do I need to read "my_module on" and act upon ? I am not sure how to use
"MyModulesFunction on"-style direcive you pointed in last email ? Please
explain? It would be great if you have any example :-)

Yes, all your conclusions are right.
Feel free to read the following (English) tutorial I wrote for my (German) Apache textbook:

http://buecher.lingoworld.de/apache2/mod_daytime_en.html

In this tutorial, I explain how to write a module for the TCP daytime service; it reads a Virtual-Host-based configuration directive with on and off (or simply absent) values.

Regards
Sascha