Re: url redirection

Hello!
After configuring proxy_html_module, I used ProxyPass
as per
http://www.apachetutor.org/admin/reverseproxies:

ProxyPass /gqaf-web/ http://backend:8080/gqaf-web/

So that http://proxy/gqaf-web/gqaf:soi:PAR:TRE:0000001
redirects to
http://backend:8080/gqaf-web/gqaf:soi:PAR:TRE:0000001
without changing the initial URL. That worked fine.

However, the end user soon notified me that he wants
http://proxy/gqaf:soi:PAR:TRE:0000001 to be redirected
http://backend:8080/gqaf-web/gqaf:soi:PAR:TRE:0000001

So how to tell apache that whenever it sees
http://proxy/xxxxTRExxxxxx it redirects to
http://backend:8080/gqaf-web/ xxxxTRExxxxxx?

If I use again RewriteRule

RewriteRule ^/(.*TRE.*)
http://backend:8080/gqaf-web/$1 [R=301,L]

This works well but the URL changes to
http://backend:8080/gqaf-web/ xxxxTRExxxxxx in the
browser

RewriteRule ^/(.*TRE.*)
http://backend:8080/gqaf-web/$1 [P,L] does not work
either because the browser searches for the files in
the proxy htdocs instead of the backend webapps so it
displays File not Found

Any idea?
Thanks.