Re: Can't modify LoadModule line for PHP

On Sun, Mar 23, 2008 at 1:46 AM, Lester Caine <lester@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I hadn't thought to check whether additional .conf files were being
> generated by the installer.  Sure enough, there were, and one had a
> command to load the php5_module again.
So changing the extension on it SHOULD switch PHP on and off.

Changing the extensions prevented the "module php5_module is already loaded, skipping" warning I was receiving..  See below for details.

> Unfortunately, when I attempted to comment out the original LoadModule
> php5... line in httpd.conf, I received the cursed SIGTERM error again.
> I can comment out / modify other areas of the httpd.conf file, including
> other LoadModule lines, but if I touch "LoadModule php5_module
> libexec/apache2/libphp5.so" in any way (including commenting it out),
> Apache won't start.
Have you checked WHEN the extra .conf files are loaded?

I'm a little confused by the question.  One is loaded because the last line of my httpd.conf is "Include /private/etc/apache2/other/*.conf", and the file +entropy-php.conf is in that directory.  Another copy of the +entropy-php.conf file resides in my apache2/users directory and causes the second "module php5_module..." warning. I removed the latter because it was a duplicate and I'm not sure why the installer put it there.

I presume you have checked the entries in the extra conf file?
And that loadmodule is the same? I have had problems with the PHP install, but
usually the answer has been logical - so I don't know what to suggest next :(
In the past I have dropped all the lines from the extra .conf into httpd.conf
because that then matches the windows set-up - may be worth trying?

The loadmodule in the extra conf file is different, but ignored (based on the warning and results of php_info).  I changed the extension so it wouldn't be loaded, but still received the SIGTERM error when I attempted to comment out the loadmodule php5_module line in my httpd.conf or modify it to point elsewhere.  With your help I've found the cause of the warnings, so thank you for that, but this last error is driving me crazy!

I've been unable to find anything in the Apache documentation (or elsewhere) on why modifying that specific loadmodule line results in a SIGTERM.

-ilija