Re: Can't modify LoadModule line for PHP

istojic@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

Thanks for the answer... I won't hold my breath for a standard between the different distributions (as much as I'd enjoy that).
I'm bouncing between Mandriva - which I use at home and SUSE on my remote hosted machine because the host will not support Mandriva. That is a pain.

I hadn't thought to check whether additional .conf files were being generated by the installer. Sure enough, there were, and one had a command to load the php5_module again.
So changing the extension on it SHOULD switch PHP on and off.

Unfortunately, when I attempted to comment out the original LoadModule php5... line in httpd.conf, I received the cursed SIGTERM error again. I can comment out / modify other areas of the httpd.conf file, including other LoadModule lines, but if I touch "LoadModule php5_module libexec/apache2/libphp5.so" in any way (including commenting it out), Apache won't start.
Have you checked WHEN the extra .conf files are loaded?

That behaviour seems bizarre. I'll proceed with uninstalling the other PHP packages as you mentioned (though I believe my path had something to do with the differences I was seeing), but the Apache error mystifies me.
I presume you have checked the entries in the extra conf file?
And that loadmodule is the same? I have had problems with the PHP install, but usually the answer has been logical - so I don't know what to suggest next :( In the past I have dropped all the lines from the extra .conf into httpd.conf because that then matches the windows set-up - may be worth trying?

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL