Re: FilesMatch matching all but certain extensions

On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 10:34 AM, Martijn <sweetwatergeek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 1:50 PM, Joshua Slive wrote:
>  >  If you told us exactly what you are trying to do, we might be able to
>  >  suggest a word-around.
>
>  There are several things happening during Apache's request cycle:
>  session management, authentication, authorization etcetera, mostly
>  through mod_perl modules, all in a <Location />-directive. There is no
>  need to do all that for images (or .css files, .js files and some
>  more) and I have found images load significantly faster if I remove
>  the whole <Location /> block. (The rest of the site, obviously, then
>  stops working.) Which hopefully explains why I wanted to exclude these
>  files from the directive.
>
>  Of course, I can replace the Location-directive by a LocationMatch or
>  a DirectoryMatch and positively match all the locations or directories
>  that need to be 'handled'. Due to the directory-structure of our
>  server, I think regex negation would be a lot easier. If it were
>  possible in Apache 1.3 that is.

Well, you're not really being specific about the issue.

Often times you can undue one section with another one. For example,
if your complex processing is being invoked with a handler, you can
undo it with
<FilesMatch \.jpg$>
SetHandler default-handler
</FilesMatch>

mod_perl can probably do something similar, but I don't know the details.

Joshua.