Re: FilesMatch matching all but certain extensions

On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 7:59 AM, Martijn <sweetwatergeek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello.
>
>  Apache 1.3. A simple problem: I want to use a FilesMatch directive to
>  match all files but, say, images which are either .gif files or .jpg
>  files.
>
>  I tried something like
>   <FilesMatch "!\.(jpg|gif)$">
>  or
>   <FilesMatch "!(\.(jpg|gif))$">
>  but in either case nothing was matched. Putting the exclamation mark
>  outside the quotes doesn't help either, while removing it altogether
>  matched only .gif and .jpg files, thus confirming that there is no
>  typo in that bit.
>
>  Any ideas?

FilesMatch does not support regex negation. In modern versions of
apache (2.x), you can use negative lookahead regexes. But your version
is not modern.

If you told us exactly what you are trying to do, we might be able to
suggest a word-around.

Joshua.