Re: httpd process

On Tue, 4 Mar 2008, Joshua Slive wrote:

On Tue, Mar 4, 2008 at 1:59 PM, Hiep Nguyen <hiep@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Tue, 4 Mar 2008, Joshua Slive wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 4, 2008 at 10:58 AM, Hiep Nguyen <hiep@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> This is entirely normal. See:
>>> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/prefork.html

>>> What happens when you try to access that URL?
>>  The page cannot be displayed
>
> What is the exact text that appears in the browser? (I'm guessing it
> is the standard network failure error message, but I want be sure.)
>

>>  <Where are you accessing
>>> it from? What happens if you try to access http://127.0.0.1/ from the
>>> server? What does the Listen directive in httpd.conf look like?
>>>

>>  i don't have x windows install, but i'll install lynx to test.  i haven't
>>  change anything in httpd.conf yet.  i'll into next.  any advice what i
>>  should change???
>
> The most likely explanations for not being able to access a running
> server have nothing to do with apache configuration. I would check the
> Listen directive just to be sure. But the problem is more likely to
> lie with your firewall (either internal to linux or a separate network
> firewall) or with other network configuration settings.

 i disabled SELinux, but still not working. there is no firewall between
 10.0.0.160 & 10.0.0.128.

 Listen 80

 so, what might be wrong???

Again, you need to check from the local machine. If you don't have a
browser, you can do
telnet 127.0.0.1 80
GET / HTTP/1.0
then press enter twice.

If that works, it confirms it is a network problem and not an apache
config problem.

got it. thanks.
t. hiep