Problem with mod_deflate and IE6 javascript caching

Hi, list,
I have a large javascript file which I want to send to IE6 gziped andfor IE6 to cache.
I set the following derective in the configuration file:
AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/x-javascript
The result is but that IE6 doesn't cache the javascript.
Looking into the response headers, I found that apache is sendingTransfer-Encoding: chunked together with Vary: Accept-Encoding, butwithout Content-Encoding: gzip
I think that the missing Content-Encoding: gzip might have to do withIE6 not caching the Javascript. Does anybody have an idea about this?
By the way, I have read that Content-Encoding and Transfer-Encodingare separate things, so I am expecting Apache to sendTransfer-Encoding together with Content-Encoding. Why isContent-Encoding dropped?
Also, the 'chunked' transfer encoding is supposed to be used fordynamically generated content. But my javascript file is a static one.When does apache decide to use 'chunked' encoding? Can I force Apachenot to use 'chunked' encoding for gziped content?
Best Regards,
-- Hong Yuan
大管家网上建材超市装修装潢建材一站式购物http://www.homemaster.cn