mod_rewrite and Redirect directive

Hello all,

Just a quick question (hope that question hasn't been asked yet - not
as far as I can see):

mod-rewrite and Redirect directive: what I wanted to achieve is to
include from within VirtualHost a file for permanent redirections
(using simply "Redirect" inside )and one for mod_rewrite directives.
>From some reason I cannot make Redirect directive make work at all
(whether I include it before or after inclusion of the file with
mod_rewrite rules).

What would be the order of parsing mod_rewrite directives and httpd's
Redirect directive itself ? Are there some particular precautions or
rules ? Or maybe it is to do with mod_rewrite directives disturbing
work of Redirect ? Or maybe I cannot mixing usage of these two
together (just sticking to one solution)?

Thank you.

Kind regards

Szymon Bakowski