RE: Problem in starting Apache httpd 2.2.6

On Wed, 2008-01-16 at 10:55 +0000, Azhar Ali Shah Syed wrote:
> Thanks for your help. I did a locally compiled installation but might have missed some configuration parameters.

It sounds as though you fed Apache all the right paths at compile time,
or mod_auth_pgsql wouldn't have compiled.

I'm hazarding a guess here that the path to the PostgreSQL libraries
isn't listed in /etc/ld.so.conf (or a file in /etc/ld.so.d/, depending
on how your distro does it).

If not, simply add the path to the library directory to the right file
and then re-run ldconfig.

And yes, before anyone else mentions it, this isn't anything to do with
Apache per se - it's a basic sysadmin task :)

All that said: if you're using PhpPgAdmin, then it's PHP that needs to
speak to PostgreSQL, not Apache. So you could probably comment the
module out, or move the relevant .conf file out of the way, and start
Apache happily.

Graeme