From: Pau Garcia i Quiles [mailto:pgquiles@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, January 09, 2008 2:57 PM
To: users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re:  VirtualHost and default domain

Quoting "Frank M. Ramaekers" <FRamaekers@xxxxxxxxxx>:

> I have successfully setup three virtual hosts.
>
> <VirtualHost *>
>   ServerName abc.domain.com
>   ServerAlias def.domain.com
>   DocumentRoot /var/www/html
>    :
> </VirtualHost>
>
> <VirtualHost *>
>   ServerName xyz.domain.com
>   DocumentRoot /home/www/xyz
>    :
> </VirtualHost>
>

> This seems to work fine except when only the xyz host name is type
(i.e.
> without the domain name entered)
>
> abc			->	/var/www/html
> abc.domain.com	->	/var/www/html
> def			->	/var/www/html
> xyz			->	/var/www/html *WRONG*
> xyz.domain.com	->	/home/www/xyz
>
> Is there anything that can be configured in Apache to handle this?  I
> want to enter the host name only (abc, def or xyz) and receive the
> correct site.

The default virtual host is the first one (the one with DocumentRoot
/var/www/html in your case). When you access http://xyz, you are
accessing a site which is not matched by any virtual host, therefore
Apache shows the default virtual host. Adding a "ServerAlias xyz"
below "ServerName xyz.domain.com" should fix it.

--
Pau Garcia i Quiles
http://www.elpauer.org

This message contains information which is privileged and confidential and is solely for the use of the
intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any review, disclosure,
copying, distribution, or use of the contents of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this in error, please destroy it immediately and notify us at PrivacyAct@xxxxxxxxxxx