Re: apache freezes the virtual machine.

On Dec 17, 2007 2:24 PM, Asrai khn <asraikhn@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi we are running our shared web server under vm (UML) distro FC7 its
> working fine but once in 10-15 days apache shoots  virtual machine load very
> hight upto 20-30 and all swap been consumed. if some how we get into the vm
> via ssh stop/start apache normalize the vm which clearly show that is apache
> that freezing and shooting the load on vm.

> Any idea how to make this vm stable?

The only thing we know here is that for some reason apache is sucking
up tons of memory under a specific circumstance. This is likely due to
a bug in one of your programs that is running under apache (a php
script, for example), but could also be due to a bug in apache httpd
intself or in some third-party module you are running.

One useful tool to figure out what request is triggering the problem
is mod_log_forensic. But without more debugging, there is nothing we
can suggest.

Joshua.