Re: Looking for Windows based commercial LAMP setup

On Fri, 9 Nov 2007 11:19:39 -0500, you wrote:

>Andrew Hodgson wrote:
>> What I am looking for is a LAMP type setup under Windows, which uses similar security update techniques as RedHat/other Linux distros out there, i.e., backporting the security fixes into the current release.  The app uses PHP and Tomcat.
>>
>If you googled for even 5 seconds, you would have found this already,
>but just in case you didn't
>
>http://www.wampserver.com/
>
>WAMP server is a php/mysql/apache package for windows (built on the same
>idea as lamp, except for windows of course) and I've had pretty decent
>success with it. I'm not sure about their security update techniques,
>these guys just seem to pack the newer versions of each piece when their
>released, but if you're looking for WAMP, this is definitely worth a look.

I had already seen it, and several others:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_WAMPs

However, the ones on this list either seem to update the actual
program (not doing the backports), or are long since dead, especially
the one or two that are marked as comercial.

I really need stability with security updates!

Andrew.