Antwort: [users@httpd] Apache Losing Post Data

Hello Stephen,

i see also the problem on my webpage but this isn't in my case a apache
problem.
This happens, when in a form the request is submit via html button, but
the form
submit is done with javascript when onClick is fired. pls look to the
return stmt
from the js function. Current I have to search again for the exact
problem/
browsers/solution.

regards Dietmar

"Stephen Johnston" <stephen.johnston@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
06.11.2007 04:42
Bitte antworten an
users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

An
users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Kopie

Thema
 Apache Losing Post Data

Greetings,

I have a fairly busy application, 11 million pageviews a month or so, that
uses Windows 2003, Apache 2.0.5x and php 5.2.3 using mod_rewrite on about
90% of the requests.

The application periodically and without an obvious reason just completely
loses all POST data. The php $_POST object is completely empty and the raw
post data in php://input are completely empty. This happens about 1 out of
100 or more POST requests. We've ruled out direct (code level) application
bugs because for most people the error never occurs and because the same
person can resubmit the form POST a few times and it will get through.

Does this issue sound familiar to anyone? I've looked through the usual
bug databases and I see hints of our problem but the solutions they
mention don't ever work or they have no solution.

Any input out there?