Apache Losing Post Data

Greetings,

I have a fairly busy application, 11 million pageviews a month or so, that uses Windows 2003, Apache 2.0.5x and php 5.2.3 using mod_rewrite on about 90% of the requests.

The application periodically and without an obvious reason just completely loses all POST data. The php $_POST object is completely empty and the raw post data in php://input are completely empty. This happens about 1 out of 100 or more POST requests. We've ruled out direct (code level) application bugs because for most people the error never occurs and because the same person can resubmit the form POST a few times and it will get through.

Does this issue sound familiar to anyone? I've looked through the usual bug databases and I see hints of our problem but the solutions they mention don't ever work or they have no solution.

Any input out there?