From: Blasdel, Jerry
Sent: Monday, October 29, 2007 09:24 AM
To: 'users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: RE:  Apache 2.2.6 mod_proxy EAServer

-----Original Message-----
From: Nick Kew [mailto:nick@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, October 29, 2007 09:13 AM
To: users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On Mon, 29 Oct 2007 08:49:48 -0500
"Blasdel, Jerry" <J.Blasdel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have upgraded from Apache 2.2.2 to Apache 2.2.6.  I have Apache in
> front of our Application Server (EAServer) and I use mod_proxy to pass
> all requests from Apache on through to EAServer.

What protocol is that  Do you have proxy_balancer?  Are you running
a cache on the proxy?

We are not running a cache on the proxy and unless the balancer is
enabled by default we are not running it.  Here are the proxy entries in
our conf file.

ProxyPass /SomeURL/ http://localhost:8080/SomeURL/
ProxyPassReverse /SomeURL/ http://localhost:8080/SomeURL/
ProxyPassReverseCookieDomain localhost [machine_ip]

>	  After I upgraded
> from 2.2.2 to 2.2.6 I now get errors when I try to pass on certain
> requests to EAServer.  This is only happening on a Win32 version of
> Apache/EAServer.

Do you mean you've run it on AN Other platform and it's different?

In addition to the Windows platform (Apache and EAServer) we also have
Solaris version (Apache and EAServer).  The problem does not exist on
this platform.  Meaning, I can delete a precompiled jsp in EAServer,
make the request for the resource and EAServer will compile the jsp and
then send back the response successfully.

> Is anyone aware of changes that were made to mod_proxy that might
> cause this to happen?

There are quite a lot of proxy changes: see the CHANGES file.
It might be useful to pinpoint an exact version.

I just pulled down the httpd-2.2.6-win32-src-r2.zip from the main httpd
page.

--
Nick Kew

http://www.apachetutor.org/