Re: creating a custom error while restricting access

On 10/30/07, Tonu Mikk <tmikk@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> I think I am starting to get it now.  I tried the following in my
> virtual host portion:
>
> Alias /errors c:/errors
> <Directory c:/errors>
> Order allow,deny
> Allow from all
> </Directory>
> ErrorDocument 403 /errors/403.html ,
>
> But it produces the following page:
>

>   Forbidden
>
> You don't have permission to access /errors/403.htm on this server.
> Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use
> an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
>
> In the error.log I find:
> client denied by server configuration: C:/somefolder/html/dummy.py
>
> I wonder if the Alias portion doesn't work because of these two lines in
> my virtual host file:
>
>         AliasMatch ^/@@file(.*) C:/somefolder/html$1
>         AliasMatch ^/(?!@@file)(.*) C:/somefolder/html/dummy.py/$1
>
> What else should I try?

Uhhh... Yeah. Those lines are catching every request to your server.
You may be able to fix this by listing your errors Alias FIRST in the
config, before those other Aliases. Otherwise, you can used
RewriteRule, which allows for explicit ordering.

Joshua.