Proxy authentication bypassed when serving cached content?

Hi,

When using user authentication along with cache, I saw that user authentication was not asked again when the content was served from the cache.
I am using authentication inside a proxy directive:
<Proxy *>
  AuthType Basic
</Proxy>

When the content is not cached yet, Proxy-Authenticate  is sent by the proxy server. When the content is already cached, it provides the result even without the client providing Proxy-Authorization header.
For example, this happens with a website like http://www.perdu.com

After going through mod_cache doc, mod_proxy doc or rfc 2616, I've found nothing about it. Can anyone please tell me if I'm understanding something the wrong way?

Thanks
Laurent