Re: Understanding the APACHE 1.3 process model

On Fri, Sep 28, 2007 at 01:13:44PM +1000, Robinson Craig wrote:
> Therefore, this makes me think that I can't actually use netstat to
> 'measure' the 'number of concurrently connected clients'? Is this a fair
> assumption?

Hey Craig,

You can still do that, but limit yourself to the Established
connections. It gives you the advantage to be independent of
apache in case of a DoS when mod_status is unavailable.

For all other purposes, the latter is the better option,
as it gives you more information. See Michael's message.

cheer,

Christian