From: Sander Temme [mailto:sctemme@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, 28 September 2007 1:01 PM
To: users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re:  Understanding the APACHE 1.3 process model

On Sep 27, 2007, at 7:51 PM, Michael Conlen wrote:

> you likely have 23 established connections using server processes and
> an additional number of server processes available to handle new
> connections. Apache keeps some number of processes available so that
> it doesn't have to fork the process at the time the request is made,
> but instead has the process ready to go. There are httpd.conf
> parameters to specify the minimum and maximum of these to keep
> available.

See MinSpareServers, MaxSpareServers.

The TIME_WAIT, FIN_WAIT_1, FIN_WAIT_2 and LAST_ACK sockets should not be
attached to httpd children.

httpd doesn't deal with the TCP layer, it deals with socket file
descriptors.

S.

--
Sander Temme
sctemme@xxxxxxxxxx

The information in this email together with any attachments is
and/or publication of this email message is prohibited, unless
as a necessary part of Departmental business.
computer system network.