De : Michelle Konzack [mailto:linux4michelle@xxxxxxxxxx]
Envoyé : mardi 25 septembre 2007 14:19
À : apache en
Objet :  One-Time authentificaton for multiple servers

Hello,

I have a couple of servers (currently 42 Web-Servers et a redunant PostgreSQL for AUTH) and I am trying to get a One-Time authentification running.

Exactly:

It should not mather on which Web-Server the $USER authenticate and if she/he change the website dynamicly...  The AUTH should be done on the PostgreSQL and then the Web-Server should ask the PostgreSQL whether the AUTH is valid or not.

I need a variable timeout (per $USER) and it should be refreshed each time the user klick a link or such...  After the timeout, the $USER need to re-authenticate again on one of the Web-Servers.

In general, I prefer to use PAM auth because the infrastructure is there and more easier on Debian-Systems.

Can anyone tell me how to do this?

Note:  I will have over 700.000 $USER if the whole thing is running and
       we will use at least 200 Web-Servers and 8 PostgreSQL world wide.

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day
    Michelle Konzack
    Systemadministrator
    Tamay Dogan Network
    Debian GNU/Linux Consultant

--
Linux-User #280138 with the Linux Counter, http://counter.li.org/ ##################### Debian GNU/Linux Consultant #####################
                   50, rue de Soultz         MSN LinuxMichi