Missing versions and history files from Apache

Hello,

I am interested in studying the evolution of the Apache httpd server. I downloaded some of
the older versions via a mirror, but their are some gaps in the versions. For example, it
may contain 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, then skip to 1.6. My question is, "Does anyone know why those
versions are missing and where I could find them?" Also, I read where these files were
once versioned controlled using CVS. I tried to import the older versions into SVN and
CVS, but the history of these files are not there. My other question is, "Where could I
find the history (.svn) files for these older versions?"

Thank you very much for your consideration,

Mrs. Chevonne Dancer
Ph.D. Student
Computer Science and Engineering Department
Mississippi State University