Re: mod_dav on a shared hosting.

michael@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (Michaël Cadilhac) writes:

> "Joshua Slive" <joshua@xxxxxxxx> writes:
>
>> On 9/10/07, Michaël Cadilhac <michael@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>>  « The /webdav directory of each VirtualHost has DAV On »?
>
>> Sure. Just put that <Location> section in the main server config
>> (outside any <VirtualHost> section) and it will be inherited by all
>> vhosts.
>
> Aaah, THAT simple!  Thanks for having taken the time to answer such a
> n00b question :-)

Oh, and while I'm at it, ... My provider offers ssh access to the
accounts, and everyone can access my files if I put them with the wrong
rights.  Problem is, those lazy administrators will add the <Location>
lines, but the only way to make my ~/www/webdav directory writable for
httpd is to use a o+w right.

(I can't suppose that o+w excludes other regular users, as each user has
a different group.)

Do you know another way to avoid such an heresy?

Thanks !

--
 |   Michaël `Micha' Cadilhac       |  And please suggest to him that        |
 |   http://michael.cadilhac.name   |    he not refer to Microsoft Windows   |