Re: Help: running apache virtualhosts as regular users and groups

On 9/4/07, Jaysen Johnson <jaysen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I read that and it looks like Peruser MPM and MPM-ITK would do what I need.
> However.  These are patches and I am not familiar with how to patch an RPM
> install of apache.   Sorry I am a newbie when it comes to this.  Isn't there
> a module that I can install that would take care of this for me?

Hmmm... When I wrote that document, I explicitly tried to discourage
people from using those mpms -- especially inexperienced users like
you. Did you really get the impression that that is a recommended
solution.

Anyway, do NOT use those mpms. If you are not familiar with patching
then you don't have enough unix experience to understand the
implications of running those mpms. Try one of the other solutions in
that document instead.

If you only have a few sites, by far the simplest and most performant
solution would be simply to devote an IP address to each site and
start an independent instance of httpd for each IP address.

Joshua.