To: <users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, September 04, 2007 6:53 PM
Subject: Re: Help: running apache virtualhosts as regular users and groups

On 9/4/07, Jaysen Johnson <jaysen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello,

I am running Apache 2.2.4 on Fedora Core 6. This is an RPM install. I host several sites and I would like to setup each virtualhost to run as the user
and group I am hosting for.  How do I configure apache to do this?

Example:  user joe has domain joesite.com configured in home directory
/home/joe  How do I make his virtualhost run as user joe and group joe?

Any help would be appreciated

You should probably start by reading this:
http://wiki.apache.org/httpd/PrivilegeSeparation

Joshua.