Re: Apache spawns hundreds of processes, logging problem?

Vincent Bray napisał(a):
What are you using for the log rotation? In case it's a disk error,
check your /var/log/messages for the time the problem's occuring?

Apache logs are rotated by system's logrotate daemon and there are no interesting entries in /var/log/messages.

Apache logs requests as the final stage of processing, and any
blockage here will lead to the process build up you're seeing.
Requests will still get services, but only until you either run out of
memory or hit MaxClient (which should happen first if the value is set
correctly).

To be completely honest, I don't really know what to do in this situation... the system was always fully functional and now It acts like this. I applied an connlimit to the firewall but it didn't work also.

--
meer