Re: mod_headers mapping problem

On 8/10/07, Jeff Murch <jmurch@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thanks Joshua.  I found that it is nod_proxy_html v2 that is causing the
> character set problem. Version 2 only outputs UTF-8. This was corrected in 3
> to allow you to specify a character set. So, I have downloaded the source
> for 3 and compiled it but am not getting the error:
>
> httpd: Syntax error on line 11 of /opt/apache/conf/httpd.conf: API module
> structure `proxy_html_module' in file /opt/apache/modules/mod_proxy_html.so
> is garbled - perhaps this is not an Apache module DSO?
>
> The fun never ends.............

Ouch. I didn't realize what you were trying to do, or I would have
told you to stop earlier. You can't just replace the declared charset
without changing the actual encoding of the content.

One question is why you have a problem with utf-8 in the first place.
It should be well-supported by modern browsers.

If you can't get mod_proxy_html to generate something else, you might
alternatively be able to use mod_charset_lite to change the encoding
properly.

Joshua.