Re: URL Rewrite

On 8/5/07, Sangoi, Nehal (Gexpro, consultant) <Nehal.Sangoi@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Is there any way, that mod_rewrite in Apache 2.0 can rewrite the complete
> URL to a new domain?
>
> e.g.
>
> I have a URL named :
>
> http://autoproxy.ge.com:4507/jsp/login.jsp
>
> And, this leads to siteminder authentication, comes back and shows a
> webpage.
>
> But, instead of taking to the webpage, I want it to proceed to a different
> URL after getting authenticated. The new URL would be,
>
> http://proxypac.ae.com:7706/jsp/show.jsp
>
> Means, I want the first URL be used only for authentication purposes and
> outcome of the successful authentication should be redirection to the new
> URL.
>
> Does somebody has any idea of placing such kind of logic with Apache 2.0 and
> its respective modules?

This question is underspecified.

For one thing, it is very hard to tell exactly where is the URL that
you want rewritten.

mod_rewrite can certainly redirect from one URL to another, but only
after the first URL has been requested by the client. It doesn't
rewrite links or redirects as they are delivered from the server to
the client.

In addition, this sounds overall like a bad strategy. How is the
proxypac server supposed to know whether the client is indeed
authenticated or not?

Joshua.