Re: Problem getting script to work

Thanks Joshua. There was no DocumentRoot, AddHandler set up in the httpd.conf. So I added them and restarted Apache2. Now I am getting the problem I started with. I get a message box which says: you have chosen to open, then no file name and then, which is a perl script and asks what to do with it. The only option is edit with an editor.
Do you have any idea what or where to find the cause of this problem.
Thanks for your help so far.
Bob R

Joshua Slive wrote:
There are lots of ways to accomplish this. Here is one:
Find the DocumentRoot directive in httpd.conf and set it as follows:
DocumentRoot /usr/www/users/fgames/mufoncms.com
Then add the following directive:
AddHandler cgi-script .pl
and make sure you have a <Directory> section that has at least
<Directory /usr/www/users/fgames/mufoncms.com>
Options ExecCGI
DirectoryIndex sp_manage_sighting_reports.pl
Order Allow,Deny
Allow from all
</Directory>

Joshua.