Re: RewriteMap issue - Escaping a space

On 7/19/07, Andrew Dixon <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I tried using the THE_REQUEST, but that get a space in it as well as it
gives:

GET /sub_page.cfm/title/Paris
Outbound/section/General/editID/337

And there is space between the GET and the URI. I also tried several of the
other variables, REQUEST_URI and REQUEST_FILENAME, but they either contain
the space or not the whole string. The rewrite rules are:

RewriteMap theMap txt:/tmp/theMap.txt
 RewriteCond ${theMap:$1¦NotFound} !NotFound
RewriteRule ^/(.*) ${theMap:$1} [R=301,L]

My other idea was something like the following:

RewriteRule "(.*) (.*)" $1SPACE$2
RewriteCond ${theMap:$1¦NotFound} !NotFound
RewriteRule ^/(.*) ${theMap:$1} [R=301]

And, of course, in your map file you would need to replace any space
with the string SPACE. (Again, you'll need to check the rewriteLog to
see how to actually do that first match. It is possible that you need
to match against %20 rather than a raw space. I've never tried it.)
And another caveat: this will only work for one space in the URL. You
could add more RewriteRules to get more spaces, and could probably
handle an arbitrary number with some added complication.

Joshua.