Re: RewriteMap issue - Escaping a space

On 7/18/07, Andrew Dixon <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi.

We have a RewriteMap configured and working fine, however we need to add a
URL to the map that contains a space. I have tried several different things,
but none of them work. What I have in the map file is:

 sub_page.asp/title/Paris
Outbound/section/General/editID/337 paris/outbound

I have tried replacing the space with %20 and . (dot) and adding a \ before
the space but none of them worked.

How do you escape a in the map file?

I've never tried this myself, but I imagine what you need to do is
match the encoding used on whatever the RewriteMap is called with. Use
the RewriteLog to see what the encoding on the matched string is and
duplicate that.

You certainly can't use a bare space since space is the field delimiter.

Joshua.