Re: Redirect, Rewrite and php.ini

I've asked again our hosting provider about this and their (highly irritating) answer has been:

"We are sorry however we do not provide coding or scripting support through this forum. Mod_rewrite works just fine on our servers and your question about AllowOverride goes in the php.ini. You can find this and more information by performing a search on your favorite search engine."

That is, "look in Google..." What a support service!. And they keep insisting I can solve this in php.ini. I'm running out of (polite) arguments with this people and before starting to be unpolite whit them I would like to ask you to confirm me that this really has nothing to do with php.ini.

Senén de Diego escribió:
I'm worried about your head, please take care...

Vincent Bray escribió:
This is making my head spin. The only time the jnlp file is served is
when it's not requested and not rewriten to? That makes no sense!
I'm not sure I understand you here. There is no jnlp file, there is only a php file. If I request sincronizar1.html (with a rewrite rule from sincronizar1.html to sincronizar.php) I get what I expect (the php). But if I request sincronizar1.jnlp (with a rewrite rule from sincronizar1.jnlp to sincronizar.php) I get an error.

- Are there any other rules in the file?
No
- Are there any other .htaccess files in parent directories of this one?
No
- Does your ISP do anything special with this type of file?
Who knows...
- Are you sure you got the rules and responses the right way round in
your last post?
Cut and paste.

.. unless I'm missing the point and your php script is sending the
"application/x-java-jnlp-file" content type? If that's the case,
perhaps your rewrite to the static jnlp file just gets the path wrong,
maybe due to a trailing space in the filename?
This is the php file:
<?php
header("Expires: 0");
header("Content-Type: application/x-java-jnlp-file");
readfile("sincronizar-1.1.3.jnlp");
?>

Before you ask, the file sincronizar-1.13.jnlp does exist (in the same folder).

By the way, I've done several more tests and:
RewriteRule ^test\.gif$ sincronizar.php (does work)
RewriteRule ^test\.jpg$ sincronizar.php (does work)
RewriteRule ^test\.ktm$ sincronizar.php (ktm is an inexistent type, as far as I know. This does NOT work)

I've test an url ending in .ktm to see if this can be related to known/unknown MIME types (although when I request a real jnlp file, I get the right Content-Type in the headers).

noodl (given up fighting against your top-posting)