[Fwd: Redirection]

Hello,

I'm trying to make a very simple redirect in the Apache server (linux 1.3) of our hosting provider, using a file [/foo/.htaccess] with this text:

[
Redirect permanent /foo/bar.jnlp http://www.domain.com/foo/bar.php
]

I've also tried this one:

[
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /foo
RewriteRule ^bar\.jnlp$ bar.php
]

I've also tried both files in a local apache server and both are working, but they are not working in the external server. I've asked our hosting provider several times to confirm me that they have both mod_alias and mod_rewrite loaded, and that redirect override is allowed, and their answer has been always yes.

Their last answer has been this one:

As previously stated, the module AllowOverride is enabled at this time on our shared hosting plans and is accessible through php.ini. Mod_rewrite is also functioning correctly on your hosting plan. Our Advanced Hosting Support team has reviewed your issue and found no errors with the configuration of our hosting servers. We are unable to assist you with your custom scripting issues at this time. We apologize for any inconvenience regarding this issue.

As I don't know what has php.ini to do with this issue, I would like to know, from someone with more knowledge than I have, if this answer makes sense, or if I'm doing something wrong.
Thank you,
Senen