Re: Two sessions or one session when connect to two load-balanced webServers?

On 6/28/07, Qingshan Xie <xieq_49@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have two questions on Sessions and Connections.

1. If a browser sends multiple requests and
establishes Two Connections with an Apache server, how
many sessions it will be generated, one or two?

2. If a browser sends multiple HTTPS requests to two
load-balanced Apache servers, how many sessions will
be generated?  I guess it will generate at least two
sessions with two different sessionKeys, sessionIDs.
If this is true, will there be a session conflict
occurring?

Wow, you have a real talent for under-defined questions.

To start with, Apache has no notion of sessions. So you need to
identify what software is creating and managing these sessions and
figure out how to answer your questions in the context of this
software.

Joshua.