Re: Strange Operation : Redirect HTTPS to HTTP

Hi,

The explanation you gave is ok for me.

But what about the following modules :
mod_ssl_error : http://marcstern.tripod.com/mod_ssl_error/

This could trap the certificates errors and solve the problem.

Is there a way that this modules will be integrated in mod_ssl one day ?

Kind Regards,

Farid

On 6/14/07, Joshua Slive <joshua@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 6/13/07, Farid Izem <farid.izem@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have setup a Apache HTTP Server with Three Virtuals Hosts listening on port 80
>  * host1.domain.com (http + rewriterule to have https).
>  * host2.domain.com (http)
>  * host3.domain.com (http)
>
> And a Virtual Host for HTTPS Listening on port 443.
>  * host1.domain.com (https)
>
> Since, i tried to do : https://host[2-3].domain.com, i 'm using https with
> the host1.domain.com ssl certificate.
>
> My wish would have been to force host2 and host3 to never use https without
> Using a RewriteRule.  Because, even my rewriterule works perfectly, it displays
> the fact the cerificate is not correct and this show that several virtuals hosts
> Are present in the server.

I already answered this question this week:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/httpd-users/200706.mbox/%3ce498c1660706071249n4ea36f40wae4b445a3f972d64@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx%3e

Punchline: You can't do this without the certificate warning unless
you put host2 and host3 on a separate IP address or buy certificates
for them.

Joshua.