SharePoint crawler crashes Apache server PC

I’ve been having a problem with my W2K Apache intranet server booting itself once a day.  The system log said it was doing a SaveDump for a “bugcheck.”

Comparing the system log with the Apache access log, I’ve found an exact correlation between the crashes and a long series of hits from a recently installed  SharePoint server on the intranet. I assume the SharePoint server is crawling.  For some reason the W2K Apache server could only take this for about eight minutes before the PC rebooted.

Last night, before I discovered this, I’d migrated the Apache server to another machine running XP. The XP has survived today’s SharePoint crawl, but just in case, is there a way to block the SharePoint server’s access?