Re: Apache Launching one more unwanted daemon

On 6/5/07, Arnab Ganguly <aganguly01@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,
 I am replacing Apache with NES(Sun Web Server).NES is pretty old.So I
wanted to use Apache with single process and multi threaded web server
similar to NES.

To be honest, that doesn't sound like a very good justification. Just
because NES does it that way doesn't mean you want Apache to do it
that way.

 Now I have used the mod_status also.The new process launched shows to be
active while the old daemon doesn't show anything.

Interesting. Have you checked the error log to see if apache is
restarting because it received a signal? Perhaps you have a log
rotation script restarting apache?

Or perhaps the old process got stuck processing something. You could
try attaching to it with a debugger and figuring out what it is doing:
http://httpd.apache.org/dev/debugging.html

Joshua.