Re: Apache Launching one more unwanted daemon

Hi All,
I am using apache2.2 with MPM model as Worker in Solaris 5.9 .I have the following configuration.

StartServers 1
ServerLimit 1
MaxClient 128
MaxSpareThreads 128
MinSpareThreads 1
ThreadsPerChild 128
MaxRequestPerChild 0

My requirement is to handle all the request by single process and want this process to be active through out.Issue I get is that after Apache runs for  a longer time, one new process is launched apart from the active process which was handling all the request.

I am not sure as why this new process is getting launched although I kept ServerLimit and StartServers both as 1.Is the MaxRequestPerChild 0 is creating the problem, as due to overload one more process is getting launched or any particular module is responsible for the above?What to do to prevent this?
I am not worried about the mod_cgid daemon.This process remains there from the begining.I am worried about the extra daemon ie is getting launched.Like altogether there are 3 daemon process.1 for mod_cgi and 2 for the core apache although I have kept StartServers and ServerLimit both 1.Hope this is more clear.

Any help would be appreciated.Thanks in advance.
Regards
-A

On 6/4/07, Joshua Slive < joshua@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 6/4/07, Arnab Ganguly < aganguly01@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> With "Startservers 1" there will be two processes. A main process, and
> one child. IF this is what you are seeing there is nothing peculiar
> going on.
>
> I know there would be two process one root and other daemon.I am worried
> about the one more extra daemon which is getting launched.
>
> BTW, why is it that you don't want more than one process?
> My requirement is like that....

The less details you provide, the less help you're going to get.

Another process that you may see with worker is the mod_cgid daemon
process that is used to launch cgi scripts. Are you accounting for
that?

Have you used mod_status to see what the processes are doing?

Joshua.