Re: Httpd.comf file and possible configuration issues

What is "shutting down" is the new instance, not the already-running
instance.

Try using "graceful" instead of "start"; if it is already running this
might restart it assuming they are the same program (both version 2
and not the factory installed version 1).

You might also try using the lsof command to determine whether
something else (like QuickTime Streaming Server) is using port 80.