Re: Memory usage in Apache

On 5/11/07, Arnab Ganguly <aganguly01@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > My next question is I hve kept the ServerLimit and StartServers as 1 but
> > once the Apache runs for say around 20hrs with good traffic, it still
> > launches one more  daemon process...Why this behavior is happening I am
not
> > sure.
> > The modules that I have loaded are the cgi module, server-status module
and
> > mod_authz_host module.Does this have any impact one the above behaviors?
>
> It is normal to have at least one parent process, one child process,
> and one CGI daemon process on a threaded server.

This one parent, one child and one CGI remains for 24hrs but after that one
more child gets launched even with keeping ServerLimit and StartServers as
1.So thats what I am confused.Why this new daemon is getting generated after
24hrs and how do i stop it?

There is nothing in apache that would do something specific after 24
hours. Perhaps you have a cron job doing log rotation and sending
signals to the server?

Try using the server-status handler to identify whether you really
have two processes serving requests.

Joshua.