Re: Multiple certs & virtual hosts

You can't have 2 different SSL certificates on one IP address. See the FAQ.

On 5/9/07, Mark Drummond <md2600@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi all,

I have two different key files and their associated certs in PEM encoded
files. I have two virtualhosts defined. The virtualhosts are working fine,
in as much as they are pointing at different doc roots and I can browse to
each virtual host. But both virtuals are using the cert of the first virtual
in the config file. The second virtual is not using it's own cert, even
though it's cert directives are pointing at it's own key and cert files. The
below is an edited version of my configuration.

<VirtualHost *:443>
        ServerName server1
        DocumentRoot "/server1"
        SSLEngine on
        SSLCipherSuite ALL:!ADH:!EXPORT56:RC4+RSA:
+HIGH:+MEDIUM:+LOW:+SSLv2:+EXP:+eNULL
        SSLCertificateFile server1.crt
        SSLCertificateKeyFile server1.key
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *:443>
        ServerName server2
        DocumentRoot "/server2"
        SSLEngine on
        SSLCipherSuite
ALL:!ADH:!EXPORT56:RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM:+LOW:+SSLv2:+EXP:+eNULL
        SSLCertificateFile server2.crt
        SSLCertificateKeyFile server2.key
</VirtualHost>

So when I browse to https://server2, firefox has "server2" down in the
bottom right corner of the browser window, but if I bring up the security
dialog and look at the cert, it is the server1 cert.

Any ideas?

Apache 2.0.59 binary build from sunfreeware.com plus supporting tools. Keys
and certs are self-signed, generated with openssl.

Mark

--
Georgia: Why am I not doing what they're doing?
Rube: Because you're doing what you're doing. When it's time for you to do