Re: Apache and ajax

My php script is working perfectly and my xmlhttprequest was communicating with the php script as I was getting readystates 1,2,3,4 and http status 200, only the php script itself was not getting executed.  The only element I changed was changing from jakarta tomcat to apache.  I'm in the middle of reworking my _javascript_ as a result.

----- Original Message ----
From: Pid <p@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, April 19, 2007 7:39:01 PM
Subject: Re: Apache and ajax

Richard Dunne wrote:
> I was using localhost:8080 on jakarta tomcat to view php webpages and
> execute an xmlhttprequest, but I found that this version on tomcat was
> not compatible with php scripts.  So I installed apache 2.0 instead.
> Now when I try to execute the same request, I am getting this
> unspecified error: code 0:
> the specified line is
> http.setRequestHeader("text");
> http.send(null);
> Does anyone have an idea why this is causing an error?

Is that from the _javascript_? If so, which library are you using?

Try installing and familiarising yourself with these plugins for
Firefox: Firebug, Chris Pedericks 'Web Developer Toolbar' and
LiveHttpHeaders.  Using these you can examine the request, response and
the _javascript_ as it runs.

Having said all this, it's more likely that either PHP isn't installed
properly, or your PHP script or _javascript_ isn't working as expected.