Re: Apache and ajax

Richard Dunne wrote:
I was using localhost:8080 on jakarta tomcat to view php webpages and execute an xmlhttprequest, but I found that this version on tomcat was not compatible with php scripts. So I installed apache 2.0 instead. Now when I try to execute the same request, I am getting this
unspecified error: code 0:
the specified line is
http.setRequestHeader("text"); http.send(null);
Does anyone have an idea why this is causing an error?

Is that from the Javascript? If so, which library are you using?

Try installing and familiarising yourself with these plugins for Firefox: Firebug, Chris Pedericks 'Web Developer Toolbar' and LiveHttpHeaders. Using these you can examine the request, response and the javascript as it runs.

Having said all this, it's more likely that either PHP isn't installed properly, or your PHP script or Javascript isn't working as expected.

Richard.

Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos. <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=48245/*http://autos.yahoo.com/new_cars.html;_ylc=X3oDMTE1YW1jcXJ2BF9TAzk3MTA3MDc2BHNlYwNtYWlsdGFncwRzbGsDbmV3LWNhcnM->