RE: Parsing problem in the encoded Url

Thanks Joshua. So you mean to say, when we encode, we should not encode
"?" character in the url.

-----Original Message-----
From: jslive@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:jslive@xxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Joshua
Slive
Sent: Monday, April 02, 2007 7:34 PM
To: users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re:  Parsing problem in the encoded Url

On 4/2/07, Alaka Pathy -X (apathy - HCL at Cisco) <apathy@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have an issue with the parsing of the url and getting the original
> uri from the url, when the url is encoded.
>
> When I access,  http://servername:port/hh/test?var1=xyz , then the URI

> generated here is only  /hh/test and args is var1=xyz .
> But when I access
> http://servername:port/hh/test%3Fvar1=xyz, the URI generated is
> /hh/test?var1=xyz and args is null.
>
> So, here the parsing w.r.t. the "?" is not happening correctly. As the

> character is encoded, it's not separating out the URI and the ARGS.
>
> Has anybody encountered this issue ? Does anybody know if there is a
> bug already ?

It's not a bug, as far as I know. The query string must be separated by
a literal ?, not by an encoded ?. Otherwise, there would be no way for a
url-path to have a ?, since it would always be interpreted as the start
of a query string.

So the issue here is with whatever tool is encoding the ?.

Joshua.